Drinks + Smoothies/ Gluten Free/ Vegan

CHILL OUT LAVENDER MILK LATTE

LAVENDER ALMOND MILK LATTE

Heya friends! Happy long weekend! I’m going to keep this short as you’re probably drowning in a sea chocolate or currently mid brunch, but I thought I’d quickly share this recipe for chill out lavender almond milk with you.

Things are getting a little harried around the house these last few days as Adam is finishing up grad school (whoop whoop) and has to pound out 4 papers in the span of the week. I whipped up this calming lavender infused milk to help him relax after spending all day working at school and   to help him get a good night sleep. This milk is super rich and creamy (like homo milk), and the combination of a warm cup of milk and calming lavender is just what you need to take the edge off of a stressful day.

• This week I’ve been dreaming about Elisabeth’s vibrant green soup, Lily’s adorable mini crumbles (and book preview!!!!), Renee’s raw cheese cakes bits, Sophie’s hazelnut latte, and Maya’s gorgeous rose truffles.
  • Speaking about things being too pretty to eat, these succulent cakes blew my mind! Arg, so good!
  • If you ask me, hippy foods never went out of style. But I’m thrilled to see the mainstream appeal of my mama’s 70’s food.  Pass the alfalfa sprouts and mashed yeast, please!
  • The psychological effects of baking is something I’m sure most of us have felt, but couldn’t put into words until after reading this piece.
  • I’ve been hearing a lot more about eating ancestrally the last few months. Is it time to put down my smoothie and pound down the oatmeal and haggis?
  • I’ve never experienced eating from a elementary school cafeteria, but if I did, I’d want it to be Japanese
  • Lately I’ve been suffering from a bad case of kitten fever, and this IG is surely not helping.
  • In good old fashion end of year paper writing style, procrastination around our house is in full swing right now. These last two weeks we plowed through all of S-Town (8/10 stars), Transparent (7/10) as well as Little Big Lies ( a solid 6.5/10). Basically, I’m looking for things to tide me over until this is released. Suggestions are welcome.

LAVENDER ALMOND MILK LATTE LAVENDER ALMOND MILK LATTE LAVENDER MILK LATTE

CHILL OUT LAVENDER MILK LATTE

I served this milk as a ‘steamer’ – that is, a caffeine-free steamed milk latte -but try adding some of this milk to your next London fog, chia pudding, or iced coffee. If you find the taste too strong, try thinning it out with a little extra almond milk or water, but to be honest, I found it perfect.

Serves 2. Print it Here

1 Cup Almonds, soaked overnight
2 Cups Water (you can add more water, but with 2 cups it’s super creamy and deluxe)
A Pinch Sea Salt
1/8 tsp. Vanilla Paste or 1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 Pitted Medjool Dates
1 Scant tsp. Food Grade Dried Lavender Blossoms

1. Rinse the almonds and combine them with the water in a high speed blender. Puree until smooth. Pass this mixture through a nut milk bag ( set aside the pulp to make something like this). Return the almond milk to the blender and add the salt, vanilla, dates, and lavender and puree again. Pass the milk through the nut milk bag one more time to remove any bits of grit.
  2. I continued to blend my milk until it was warmed by the Vitamix, but you could gently heat it on the stove until warmed through.

LAVENDER ALMOND MILK LATTE LAVENDER LATTE

Heidi | Enlightened Decadence
    April 16, 2017 at 11:33 pm

I’ve been dreaming up a lavender bevy this month… this looks so good, Sophie! Will definitely try it!
    Xx

April 20, 2017 at 5:44 pm

Ah, thank you, Heidi! I’m so happy this is just what you’re after <3

Ruby
    April 17, 2017 at 11:18 am

This sounds so delicate + lovely! I’m trying to wean myself off of caffeine this week, so this is a timely recipe 🙂 xx

April 20, 2017 at 5:42 pm

Oh yay! I’m so happy this post came at the right time for you, Ruby! Best of luck with the no caffeine. That is a hard habit to kick for sure. xox

heather (delicious not gorgeous)
    April 18, 2017 at 6:44 am

i’ve been feeling a bit on edge, worried that i’m going to forget something important, so chilling out via lavender milk lattes sounds perfect (: i’ve been seeing a lot of lavender london fogs, but never seen/tasted/thought of lavender coffee! that sounds really tasty :3

April 20, 2017 at 5:41 pm

I hope your nerves calm down soon, Heather! It’s hard being in that worried state. Lavender will most definitely help sooth that edge. Hopefully it will warm up enough soon to have some lavender iced coffee <3

Maisy
    April 20, 2017 at 10:10 am

I’ve never thought of combining latte and lavender, but now that I see your post (and your ever gorgeous photos) it seems like the best idea! Especially for night time as I’m the kind of person that has trouble falling asleep… a lavender london fog must be a dream! 🙂

*Maisy

April 20, 2017 at 5:38 pm

Ah, I’m so happy you like the post, Maisy! To be honest I would have never thought of it either, but a local coffee shop makes a lavender latte with cashew milk and it’s amazing! This is totally the perfect sleepy time drink 🙂

Maisy
        April 28, 2017 at 6:13 am

I wish MY local coffee shops would serve those! Guess I’ll have to make it myself then 🙂

*Maisy

April 22, 2017 at 2:15 pm

OMG frothy creamy lavender milk latte? YES. This looks the most comforting. I am also waiting for Master of None! Haven’t been watching a lot of TV lately but can’t wait that to come out. Thank you for including my little truffles <3

Christine
    April 23, 2017 at 6:35 pm

This looks wonderful, I am lavender-obsessed so anything that incorporates it always instantly grabs my attention. Cannot wait to chill out with a steamy cup of this! Also, I just binge-watched Girl boss on netflix and found it fun and funny (: