Bring the cafe home by making your own lavender lattes. A simple homemade lavender syrup means you can add as much or little sweetener as you like! Use your preferred milk to make a perfectly creamy dairy free coffee.
Making fancy coffee drinks is so fun and simple, plus it is so much more affordable than buying them at cafes! While going out for fancy drinks is fun on the weekends, learning how to make them at home is a great way to save money during the week.
This dreamy lavender latte is a simple and delicious recipe you can make at home with just a few ingredients and no fancy tools.
- Lavender syrup—I used this homemade 3 ingredient lavender syrup
- Coffee—use a shot of your favourite espresso or strong coffee
- Milk—I opted for oat milk, but use your favourite milk
Tips and Notes
If you make lavender syrup for this latte, try using in other drinks like an earl grey latte or a gin and soda. You can even use the syrup as a soak for cakes.
I like to use a creamy dairy free milk like soy or oat as I find aloud milk not rich enough in a latte.
If you want to make an iced version a head of time, do not ice the espresso—instead combine the espresso, milk, and lavender syrup together and refrigerate until chilled.
If you don't have an espresso maker, try using an AeroPress, Moka pot, or Keurig to make a shot. You can also make strong coffee with a French press or drip machine by just using less water. Alternatively, you can use some store bought cold brew.
If you want an iced version of this lavender latte, just poor the shot of coffee over ice and add cold milk.
For a hot version, warm your milk with a milk steamer, a microwave, or in a pot on the stove until warm but not boiling.
Opt for decaf coffee if you want a pre-bed latte!
- 1 shot espresso (or ⅔ cup strong coffee)
- 1 cup hot milk (if using strong coffee reduct to ½ cup milk)
- 1-2 tablespoons lavender syrup
- Beging my making the coffee
- Next, heat the milk. Use your favourite method—steamer, microwave, or a stovetop.
- Add the coffee, lavender syrup, and warm milk to your mug. Taste and add more syrup of needed.