Donations are a great way to honour friends and family over the holidays. Instead of giving material gifts you can help a cause near and dear to your heart. It's a great way to give while avoiding the pitfalls of consumerism— and give to those who really need it. These are a few that I love, but the list goes on and on.
- Hives for humanity | A mentorship based programming that creates opportunities for people to engage in the therapeutic culture or bees. They support at-risk populations, create a supportive network, and foster connectivity to nature and to each other in the local sustainable economies.
- Northern Birthday Box | Supplies are limited and incredibly overpriced in many remote Northern communities so lots of children are unable to celebrate their birthdays in the traditional sense. This organization pairs you with a child in Northern Canada so that you can send them supplies so that they can have a cake and even candles.
- RAPS |Canadas only cat sanctuary, RAPS provides a safe permanent home to hundreds of feral, abandoned and surrendered cats as well as rescuing dogs and rabbits.
For me getting an experience is better than getting an object. It's a great way to reduce waste and learn something new or do something you wouldn't normally do yourself.
- Lessons | Think pottery classes, dance lessons, a yoga membership
- Self Care | A gift of massage, a spa, even a haircut
- Adventures |Hikes, picnics, or a road trip/camping trip
- Actions | Home made dinner, homemade gifts, babysitting, helping clean or organise
- Subscriptions | Everyone loves mail! Think a subscription to a paper like The Guardian, a magazine, or even a subscription box like Papir Mass.
When I shop, I try to make it as local as possible—I love to go to craft fairs and markets and support real people <3 These are a few of the pretty things I have eyed up this season.
- Lennon and Birdie Sunny Wall Hanging | 2. Hold General Moon Boards | 3. From Tree to Sea Swirl Mug | 4. Debbie Bean Pastel Stained Glass | 5. Apt. 6 Skin Care Amethyst and Lavender Crystal Bath Bomb | 6. June Home Supply Colourful Glass Straws | 7. Blume Beet and Turmeric Drink Mix | 8. Beaton Linen Jumper | 9. Grain Handmade Linen Napkins | 10. Harmonic Arts Herbal Mixes | 11. Books of any kind - look for them at independent book stores| 12. Laura Berger 2019 Calendar |13. Real Fun Wow Print | 14. Noma Fermentation Book - independent book stores| 15. Elsie McLauchlan Wood Sculptures | 16. Pansy Co. Cotton Undies | 17. RubySun Travel Cutlery Set |18. Old Faithful Poster