I haven't been here in a hot minute, but this cinnamon mocha needed to be shared ASAP. It makes morning coffee special enough to feel like a treat, and it makes these dark mornings a little extra cosy. The warming spices like cinnamon and cayenne add a Mexican hot chocolate vibe that is so comforting and fulfilling that it warms you from the inside out.
This week it has finally gotten cold in the mornings, making it extra hard to crawl out of bed—but when I manage to, I really love to start out my morning routine in the glow of fairy lights or candles sipping on a fancy coffee like this.
- cacao powder
- coconut sugar
- sea salt
- cinnamon powder
- cayenne pepper
- milk of your choice
- 1 shot espresso
Make the shot of espresso, set aside. If you don't do coffee try using decaf or a dandy blend.
Meanwhile, heat the rest of the ingredients together.
Combine the espresso and the chocolate milk together in a blender or milk frother and whip until creamy.
- use brown sugar or maple syrup if you don't have coconut sugar
- try using decaf coffee or dandy blend
- use any milk you like. I like using oat
Other Autumn Sippers
- 2 tablespoon cacao powder
- 2 teaspoon coconut sugar
- Pinch sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ cups milk of your choice
- 1 shot espresso (I made mine in an Aeropress)
1. Make the shot of espresso, set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat the rest of the ingredients together.
3. Combine the espresso and the chocolate milk together in a blender or milk frother and whip until creamy.
You can add a little bit of mushroom powder to this to make it a mushroom mocha, or sub the espresso for a shot of dandelion coffee.