This effective and simple rosewater toner is made with only 3 ingredients, some of which you probably have already!
Part of my morning self-care includes a multi-step face routine which begins with washing with mild water, using this witch hazel and rosewater face toner, followed by a face oil. Face toner like this helps balance completion and is refreshing yet gentle. It helps remove excess oils without being too drying on the skin.
My Morning Routine
I love to keep my beauty routine as fast, simple, and natural as possible. Here is my day-to-day procedure using rosewater toner.
- Wash my face with cool water. Hot water will strip your skin of any oils, as does soap. Your natural oils help hydrate your skin and act as a protective layer.
- Spritz my face with witch hazel and rosewater toner. Let it dry for a few seconds
- Hydrate my face with a good dollop of a simple oil. I like jojoba oil because it doesn't clog my pores and is inexpensive.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Witch hazel
The method for this recipe is so easy. You'll just need to source your ingredients and find a nice little spray bottle. I used one from a old beauty product, but there are lots of stores online (like Mountain Rose Herbs) where you can buy things like this.
To make the rose face toner, just combine the ingredients in the following ratio of 1:2:4. Mix this up and pop it into your spray bottle. If you have any extra mix, it can be stored in a jar to refill your spray bottle with.
Tips + Notes
How to Source Rosewater
- You can buy rosewater at most pharmacies, but you can also make your own of you have an excessive amount of roses. Here is a great recipe on how to make it from scratch.
How to Store Your Toner
- Rosewater face toner can be stored in the cupboard from up to 6 months. Like all herbal remedies, it is best to keep it in a dark location.
- If you don't have rosewater to make rosewater toner, you can use distilled water along with a few drops of rose, lavender, or chamomile essential oils.
Other Natural Beauty DIYs
Rose and Witch Hazel Face Toner
- Measuring spoons
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons witch hazel
- 4 tablespoons rose water
- Mix together in an atomizer and use to spritz your face in the morning. Allow the skin to dry before applying face oil.
Maya Jasarevic says
Great idea looking forward to making my own.
Can I add rose oil to this toner?
I haven't tried (I like to put oil on afterwards) but I'm sure it will work 🙂