Already, can you believe it?
Here we are though, at the end of 2017, and if you're anything like me, this month will fly by and you'll have no idea where it went. ... and probably leave everything to the last minute. Unlike past years when I've been busy working double shifts in a bakery, up to my neck in fruit cake, this year I'm a free lady, so I'm trying to tackle this season head on. Hashtag adulting. Last night (at an usual and inappropriate time like when I start most of my projects) I hunkered down on the kitchen floor and made my first wreath of the season, so I'm feeling pretty pleased about that. To get even more festive, this morning we woke up extra early and sliced an entire dehydrators' worth of oranges, which are drying as we speak, and pumping the house full of holiday spirit. Adam also put up a few lights this weekend, because they are basically the only decorations we have that are kitty proof, and also my absolute favourite. Plus everything looks better in the glow of fairy lights, so no complaints here.
If you read my pantry post last week, you might have noticed my not-so-subtle little hint about sharing my recipe for turmeric milk mix. So, here we are! Instead of just the turmeric mix, I decided to share my go-to cocoa, and a new favourite spice mix I like to add to warm milk as an herbal nightcap. I love to keep these mixes on hand these dark days for easy to make cozy sips. Whipping up a creamy drink to curl up and sit with under the twinkle lights is a no brainer if you ask me. But if for whatever reason, cozy bliss isn't your thing, these make gorgeous gifts. Having mixes like these on hand are perfect to give to people at work, or stocking stuffers, or to toss into a gift basket - just label and provide a few instructions. Easiest gifts all year.
- 1/2 Cup Bittersweet Chocolate Chips, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa powder
- 1/4 Cup Chaga Powder (or medicinal mushroom of choice)
- ¼ Cup Coconut Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Powdered Coconut Milk
- 1/8 tsp. Sea Salt
- Mix together all the ingredients. To serve combine 3 Tbsp. mix with 1 cup milk, heat and serve.
- 1/4 Cup Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Ground Turmeric
- 2 tsp. Ground Cardamom
- 1 tsp . Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together. Add 1 -1 1/2 tsp. mix per 1 cup milk. Heat and serve with a little sweetener and coconut oil.
- 2 tsp. Ground Cardamom
- 2 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 4 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. Ashwaganda
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tsp. Ground Ginger
- Combine all the ingredients together. Mix 1 tsp. powder to 1 cup milk, heat and serve. Sweeten with maple syrup or honey if desired.