Dreamy Lavender Latte
Bring the cafe home by making your own lavender latte. A simple homemade lavender syrup means you can add as much or little sweetener as you like! Use your preferred milk to make a perfectly creamy dairy free coffee.
Servings: 1 drink
1 espresso maker or way to make strong coffee
1 milk steamer for a hot version
1 ice cube tray for an iced version
- 2 shots of espresso or ⅔ cup strong coffee
- 1 cup hot milk if using strong coffee reduct to ½ cup milk
- 1-2 tablespoons lavender syrup
Begin by making the coffee. You'll want a double shot of espresso or ⅔ of a cup strong coffee.
Next, heat the milk. Use your favourite method—steamer, microwave, or a stovetop. If you want an iced latte, skip this step and add cold milk to you glass, then top with some ice.
Add the coffee, lavender syrup, and warmed milk to your mug. Taste and add more syrup of needed.
- If you make lavender syrup for this latte, try using in other drinks like an earl grey latte or a gin and soda. You can even use the syrup as a soak for cakes.
- I like to use a creamy dairy free milk like soy or oat as I find aloud milk not rich enough in a latte.
- If you want to make an iced version a head of time, do not ice the espresso—instead combine the espresso, milk, and lavender syrup together and refrigerate until chilled.